As featured in the January 2010 issue of Good Housekeeping magazine.
The World's Safest Electric Blanket™
Until now all electric blankets in North America have operated at 120 volts. This blanket operates with non-hazardous DC low voltage, providing you with the safest electric blanket ever produced. Turn down your thermostat this winter and stay toasty warm!
||62" x 84". 18 volts; 82 watts.
||77" x 84". 24 volts; 102 watts
||84" x 90". 18 volts; 82 watts/side.
||100" x 90". 18 volts; 82 watts/side.
|Additional Product Information
- Only heated blanket that meets UL Standard for non-hazardous low voltage
- No harmful electromagnetic radiation
- Automatic shutoff after ten hours
- Easy to read controls from Low, 1-9 and High
- No clicking noise from the control
- The preheat feature automatically pre-warms to your dial setting
- Takes less than 15 minutes to warm up
- Ultra soft luxurious 100% Micro-Fleece Polyester (non-pilling) is comfortable throughout the year
- Comfortable for all season use throughout the year, even without the heat
- Heating elements imperceptible to the touch; no bulky wires
- Consistent & even heat distribution
- Machine wash and dry. The only heating blanket that maintains it's size after wash
- Controller cord and power cord lengths, 6ft each
- Connector cord length, approximately 10ft
- Not recommended for use with an electric adjustable bed, water bed or blowup air beds (Sleep Number beds are OK)
- 5 Year Warranty
- UL Listed to assure safe operation
How does the NEW low voltage Safe & Warm technology work?
Our new low-voltage blanket includes a power supply box that changes 120 volt AC current (normal household current in North America) into non-hazardous low voltage DC current (similar to a battery) to provide protection and safety. The power supply box is approximately 8.625"L x 2.5"D x 3"H. The most convenient location for the box is normally on the floor close to the head of the bed.
* Dual Control Blankets include two controllers, one for each side of the blanket, allow each user to individually adjust the temperature. Dual controllers requires 2 outlets, one for each side for each controller.
||STANDARD HEATED BLANKET
||Chattam & Wells™
||Operates using 120 Volts
||Non-hazardous low voltage
operates using less than 25 Volts
Bulky and uncomfortable wires
|Ultra Soft 100% Micro-Fleece Polyester
Heating wires so small, they're
||Heavier because of bulky wires
||The lightest heated blanket
||Takes 30 minutes to warm up
||Takes less than 15 minutes to warm up
||Shrinks after wash and requires hand
stretching to return to its original size.
|The only heated blanket that maintains its original size after wash
Dawn Pierson (, ) 1-21-2017
I have had one for a few years and am getting another because I gave the one I had to my grandson. Its the most awesome heated blanket I have ever had. Does not get to hot, cleans very well. I love the auto turn off feature