Description View DetailsView InstructionsView Recommended Accessories View Customer Reviews
Completely Re-designed, Thermostatically Controlled - Hound Heater!
Hound Heaters are designed with safety, simplicity and efficiency in mind. The new Hound Heater Deluxe dog house furnace takes the dog house heater to a new level.
Newly Designed Hound Heater Features:
- 100,000 Cycle Life Thermostat, simply set the temperature and forget it!
- Estimated Temperature Settings:
Low to Medium = Approximately 32°F to 50°F
Medium to High = Approximately 50°F to 80°F
- Heater for dog houses only runs when it is needed which saves energy
- Internal heat shield allows your pet to lay directly against the lower half without any danger of getting burned.
- Rounded corners for ultimate pet comfort
- Overhead Heat Shield can be placed above the top of the Furnace and will disperse heat protecting the ceiling of your dog's house.
- 300 watt PTC long lasting, extremely efficient heating element with a quite, forced air fan to disperse heat.
- Heating Element and Thermostat are replaceable
- New heating element is powerful enough to heat 75 Cubic Square Foot house, yet works perfectly in the smallest houses too.
- Thermo sensing bulb allows for accurate control of the heat of your pet's house.
- Temperature control dial is located on the top of the heater for easy access.
- Metal cord cover for added protection from chewing.
- Cord Length: 7 feet
- Standard Home Voltage - 120V 60Hz
- Dimensions: Approx 10" W x 10" L x 4.5" protrudes from wall.
- Weight: 5 lbs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the New Hound Heater differ from the original Hound Heater units?
The new unit has many changes. First, it has a 100,000 cycle life thermostat. This will enable a well designed house to reach and maintain the pre-set temperature. Second, the all new rounded design has eliminated any corners. Third, I have built in a 150 watt "Mica" long lasting, extremely efficient, heating element. Lastly, it incorporates 2 heat shields, one internal and one external. The internal shield allows your pet to lay against the bottom half of the unit and the external one disperses heat more efficiently and protects the ceiling of your house.
What size pet house can I put the new Hound Heater in?
The Hound Heater Dog House Heater can easily heat a well insulated dog house up to 32 cubic feet. The beauty of the new heater is, because it is thermostatically controlled, it can go in a small house as well. Once the pre-set temperature has been reached it will turn off and on to keep your pet warm and dry.
*Very important! The Hound Heater must never be mounted on the ceiling.
Can I use a Hound Heater in my Igloo style house?
Absolutely! The new Hound Heater will mount the same as it would in a square house. (see mounting in an Igloo style house) It is important that you use nuts, bolts and washers instead of screws for mounting. It may sit slightly crooked but will work very well. The Hound Heater back stays cool so there is no problem or worry about melting the plastic. It is important that you either use a Critter Cord or some other cord protector, such as steel conduit, to keep your pet from chewing it.
Is there any assembly required with the Hound Heater Furnace?
Absolutely not! Simply follow the simple mounting instructions and plug in the heater.
What is a Critter Cord Protector?
Remember, the Hound Heater was designed so the cord is not accessible to your pet. This is not always possible and the Critter Cord is a great way to deter your pet from chewing the cord. My dogs hate the Critter Cord. I can't even get them to pick it up.
I installed my new Hound Heater Dog House furnace but the house is not warming up?
I have gotten this question often and the answer is always quite simple. Every house should contain insulation and every house should have some kind of door. Doing this will eliminate the two kinds of heat loss that occur. One is conductive and the other is infiltration. The first one can best be described by thinking of holding a soda-pop in the summer's heat, no can cooler. How long would the soda-pop can stay cold? The can cooler (insulation) stops the conductive loss from your hand to the beverage. The door or flap will trap the heat. Think of how your own house would feel if you left the front door open in the winter?