Holiday travel is a hassle even under the best circumstances. There’s bound to be heavy traffic wherever you go, and the strain of spending several hours in a cramped car with bickering children is enough to overwhelm the patience of a saint. Now imagine if you had to be cold and uncomfortable on top of everything else!
While we can’t clear the highways or make your kids get along, we can help you do something about the cold. Check out these convenient and portable heated travel products from CozyWinters.com before you hit the road for the holidays:
- 12-Volt Heated Car Seat Pad: At a very compact 16″ x 16″, this plug-in car seat pad is a versatile source of instant warmth. It can act as a heated seat cover, a miniature lap warmer, or a makeshift foot warmer for targeted warmth where you need it most.
- 12-Volt Heated Travel Throw: For all-over comfort in your car, boat, or RV, nothing beats this heated travel throw. It’s made of incredibly soft, machine washable fleece and comes with an extra-long cord (to reach the backseat), as well as a convenient carry case. This blanket is big enough for two people, but we won’t blame you if you don’t want to share!
- Deluxe Heated Seat Cover: Bid farewell to frigid car seats by installing one of our universal fit deluxe heated seat covers in your vehicle. Made of high-tech heating fabric, these seat covers generate far-infrared heat without cumbersome wires or bulky heating elements. The warming action begins in just seconds to provide instant heat even on the coldest days.
- 12-Volt Heated Pet Bed: You wouldn’t dream of leaving Fido or Fluffy at home, so our 12V heated pet bed is another must-have. With an 8′ cord and removable/washable faux lambskin cover, this product redefines comfortable car travel for dogs and cats.
Whether you plan on shredding some serious powder over the holidays or are just going to grandma’s house for a visit, our heated apparel and accessories will help you stay warm no matter how low the temperatures fall. See CozyWinters.com for more information on our entire product line.
December is here and the holidays are creeping ever closer. Try as you might, you can’t put off gift shopping forever, so it’s time to tackle that task head on. But since we know how difficult it can be to come up with great holiday gift ideas for everyone on your list, we’ve gone ahead and done the work for you. Here are our top staff picks for 2013:
- Battery-heated gloves: Thin and lightweight, these gloves feature an easy-to-read LED controller, three heat settings to regulate temperature, and reflective elements for safety. They’re also windproof and waterproof, making them an excellent gift choice for anyone that enjoys outdoor sports such as golf, hiking, biking, and more.
- Heated chair cover: This machine-washable heated chair cover will be appreciated by any budget-minded person on your holiday list. Its four heat settings and ability to distribute warmth evenly allow users to turn down the thermostat and enjoy lower energy bills without sacrificing comfort. (Oversized to fit most armchairs and recliners.)
- Micro-Fleece Electric Blanket: Available in 6 gorgeous colors, this low-voltage micro-fleece electric blanket is the world’s safest. Unlike other heated blankets, it operates on nonhazardous DC low voltage and releases no electromagnetic radiation. This blanket also offers a preheat setting and automatic shutoff after 10 hours for extra safety.
- Fleece Electric Throw: Who says heated blankets are only for the bedroom? This fleece electric throw comes with many of the same great features as the blanket, but is portable enough to allow for snuggling on the couch, in your favorite armchair, or anywhere in the house.
- Cozy Winters Gift Certificate: Not quite sure which fantastic item to get from our website? Just buy a CozyWinters.com gift certificate (available in amounts from $25 to $500) and let the recipient choose his or her own heated clothing, blankets, pet beds, or accessories from the site.
Under normal circumstances, electric blankets are a perfectly safe and inexpensive source of supplemental heat that can help keep you warm throughout the winter. When used at night in place of regular blankets, they allow you to turn your thermostat down several degrees without sacrificing any warmth or comfort. This green practice is not only good for your utility bills, but also for the environment.
Surprisingly, however, several myths about the supposed “dangers” of heated blankets are still floating around out there. For instance, some people believe that these products pose a major fire hazard or emit an electromagnetic field to rival that of the mysterious island from Lost. But the low-voltage wiring used in manufacturing today’s blankets has reduced the fire hazard to virtually nil, while the EMFs generated by a typical blanket is no greater than any other electrical appliance in your home.
Nevertheless, there are a few special cases where you should NOT use electric blankets. Some of these include:
- When there are pets in your home that could chew or claw through the wiring
- When you have nerve damage from diabetes or another medical condition that prevents you from sensing heat
- When you are in the late stages of pregnancy and are worried about raising your body temperature too high
As you can see, the risks of using electric blankets are extremely limited in scope and are due to external rather than internal causes. This means most people will never have to worry about any ill effects from these products.
Now that you know how safe heated blankets are, you can visit CozyWinters.com to pick out the latest design for your bedroom, living room, or guest room.