As featured in the December 2011 issue of Running Times magazine.
ICESPIKE™ - Shoe Traction System for Shoes and Boots
ICESPIKE is a semi-permanent traction system that can be mounted on any running or walking shoe, hiking or work boot, quickly and easily. Take any pair of new or gently used footwear, attach ICESPIKE, and enjoy outdoor fun and peace of mind on any terrain in any season! Don’t be fooled by imitation spikes (hex head sheet metal screws) that can be bought at hardware stores. ICESPIKE is specifically engineered of cold-rolled, tool quality steel to maintain hardness and integrity of grip ten times longer.
The unique patented design of ICESPIKE provides unsurpassed surface penetration and stability which allows the wearer to feel at ease in conditions that would normally feel treacherous. ICESPIKE’s versatility makes them wearable anywhere in any season. From walking the dogs to ultra running, from youngsters to seniors, everyone can use ICESPIKE and one size fits all!
Made in the USA
- SIMPLE: No straps! No coils! No chains! No bulky attachments! Any footwear can be easily winterized with the semi-permanent ice spikes into ice safety shoes or ice safety boots.
- EFFECTIVE: ICESPIKE™ provides outstanding traction in all conditions, whether ice, snow, or any treacherous terrain. ICESPIKE™ ice spikes won’t shift, break, fall off, get lost or left behind.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: ICESPIKE™ adds no additional weight and won’t affect gait or cause muscle fatigue or injury. You don’t even know you’re wearing them!
- DURABLE: The ICESPIKE™ ice spike is a specifically engineered design for extreme traction to insure unsurpassed hardness and long-lasting integrity of the grip.
- 1 Precision Tool
- 32 Patented Spikes: Each adult sized shoe should be fitted with12 spikes. 8 additional spikes have been included, as replacements for 4 heel spikes. Heel spikes with normal use tend to wear faster than the front spikes
The Unique Design of ICESPIKE
Icespikes are not hardware store screws. They are application-specific engineered premium traction
devices with materials and design carefully chosen to optimize performance and longevity.
Icespikes are manufactured from cold rolled tool steel to withstand extreme mechanical abuse and further
hardened to Rockwell hardness 50-52 for exceptional surface penetration and unsurpassed durability.
Icespikes are specifically designed for their intended purpose -- they are not run-of-the-mill screws! Extra
wide washer for better stability on the sole of the shoe added along with locking serrations that firmly
engage the rubber sole to prevent loosening of the device. Wider and deeper slot included to promote self
cleaning of ice and debris. Sharpened edge incorporated for simply the best traction available.
ICESPIKE WILL NOT DAMAGE YOUR SHOES OR BOOTS!
ICESPIKE™ fitted shoes and boots should NOT be worn on any floor or surface that you do not want damaged, as ICESPIKE™ WILL destroy flooring or surfaces
Treat your ICESPIKE™ fitted
footwear the same as you would
your golf spikes or ice skates
On March 6th, 2011, we ran the Baikal Ice Marathon on Baikal Lake (Siberia), Russia. We used your spikes (ICESPIKE) and the results were fantastic. My friend Juan Antonio Alegre got third place, and I finished safely on ice.