The Ultimate Wind and Water Resistant Ski Mask
The ColdAvenger® Soft-Shell Face Mask Pro is designed for a variety of winter outdoor activities where protection from cold is essential. Researched and developed in Northern Rocky Mountain winters and tested in snow and freezing weather, the Thermal-Fleece Face Mask keeps your face warm and dry while helping humidify inhaled air and allowing you to breathe freely. This warm breath face mask has been used with comfort at -20ºF.
It’s the ultimate ski mask for winter face protection during outdoor activities. Include it in your essential ski and snowboard gear. Ski, snowboard, snowmobile, heli-ski, hunt, cycle, motorcycle, or work in comfort outdoors with the Warm Breath Mask.
The head, face and neck account for up to 40% of heat loss from the body. Besides leading to hypothermia, cold air causes injury to the upper airways and lungs. Protect your yourself from the harsh and damaging effects of cold exposure with this thermal soft-shell Mask which has unique functions that keep the face and airway warm while allowing you to breathe freely with no resistance.
ColdAvenger Soft-Shell Face Mask Pro
- The Pro is made with "soft-shell" fleece, which is tightly knit fleece with a laminate nylon shell that makes it wind and water resistant. Great for folks who are working at a higher rate of activity or moving faster in the cold.
- Soft medical grade and non-toxic polyurethane ventilator provides a comfortable seal while retaining its inherent microbial resistance
How does it work?
The patent-pending ColdAvenger® ventilator passively mixes inhaled cold air with exhaled warm air to achieve a dynamic balance of warmth while keeping the face dry. The ventilation design allows for 100% natural breathing during exertion, a critical feature for high endurance outdoor activities. Moisture from exhaled air binds to the plastic piece, keeping the face dry and comfortable.
The ventilator helps keep the temperature of the air around your face 40ºF to 60ºF higher than outside and helps to humidify inhaled air depending on activity.
- Form-fitting design protects face, neck, ears and airway from cold weather
- ColdAvenger ventilator allows you to breathe freely during outdoor activities while managing exhaled moisture off the facial skin
- Fleece wicks away moisture to keep your face dry
- Humidifies dry and cold inhaled air to protect and improve airway health in the cold
- Keeps temperatures inside 40°F to 60°F higher than outside (difference relative to movement)
- Designed to fit with goggles and helmets
- Helps prevent fogging of goggles
- Adjustable, removable interior valve allows control of air intake
- One size fits most
Cold weather protection of the face and airways not only contributes to comfort, but helps prevent cold-induced adverse health effects. Prolonged cold air exposure is a form of chronic trauma to the airway as demonstrated by research involving athletes participating in winter activities. Normally, inhaled air is warmed to body temperatures and humidified at the same time by the moisture and warmth contained in the nose and upper airways. An unprotected face allows cold air to interfere with this warming and humidification process. The ColdAvenger Pro Soft-Shell Face Mask helps keep the temperature of the air around your face 40º to 60ºF higher than outside and helps to humidify inhaled air.
The patent pending ventilator of the ColdAvenger Pro Soft-Shell Face mask is made of medical grade plastic selected for human safety, biocompatability, flexibility, inherent microbial resistance, and endurance.
Cold Weather Health Hazards: Did You Know?
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQs