How does it work?
The patent-pending ColdAvenger® ventilator passively mixes inhaled cold air with exhaled warm air to achieve a dynamic balance of warmth while keeping the face dry. The ventilation design allows for 100% natural breathing during exertion, a critical feature for high endurance outdoor activities. Moisture from exhaled air binds to the plastic piece, keeping the face dry and comfortable.
The ventilator helps keep the temperature of the air around your face 40ºF to 60ºF higher than outside and helps to humidify inhaled air depending on activity.
The Ultimate Full Head Protection From The Cold
The head, face and neck account for up to 40% of heat loss from the body. Besides leading to hypothermia, cold air causes injury to the upper airways and lungs.
Protect yourself from the harsh and damaging effects of cold exposure with our ColdAvenger® Balaclava Pro which has unique functions that keep the face and airway warm while allowing you to breathe freely with no resistance while protecting your entire head from cold weather, sun and wind.
ColdAvenger Expedition Balaclava - High Performance Protection
- Made with Polartec® Wind Pro®, an extremely breathable fleece that is four times more wind resistant than classic fleece.
- Polartec® calls Wind Pro® the new "super fleece" because of its ability to perform in such diverse conditions and uses from outer wear to an insulating base layer
- The Expedition Balaclava design protects entire head from cold weather, sun and wind with an integrated fully removable ventilator
- While the ventilator is not designed to be used without the hood, the hood can be used without the ventilator
- Soft medical grade and non-toxic polyurethane ventilator provides a comfortable seal while retaining its inherent microbial resistance
- Form-fitting design protects face, neck, ears and airway from cold weather
- The ventilator allows you to breathe freely during outdoor activities while managing exhaled moisture off the facial skin
- Fleece wicks away moisture to keep your face dry
- Humidifies dry and cold inhaled air to protect and improve airway health in the cold
- Keeps temperatures inside 40°F to 60°F higher than outside (difference relative to movement)
- Designed to fit with goggles and helmets
- Helps prevent the fogging of goggles
- Adjustable, removable interior valve controls up to 60% of air intake
- One size fits most - The inherent stretch of the Polartec® Wind Pro fabric used in the ColdAvenger® Expedition Balaclava allows for almost universal sizing
Cold weather protection of the face and airways not only contributes to comfort, but helps prevent cold-induced adverse health effects. Prolonged cold air exposure is a form of chronic trauma to the airway as demonstrated by research involving athletes participating in winter activities. Normally, inhaled air is warmed to body temperatures and humidified at the same time by the moisture and warmth contained in the nose and upper airways. An unprotected face allows cold air to interfere with this warming and humidification process. ColdAvenger Balaclava Pro helps keep the temperature of the air around your face 40º to 60ºF higher than outside and helps to humidify inhaled air.
This thermal wind pro Balaclava ventilation face piece is made of medical grade plastic selected for human safety, biocompatability, flexibility, inherent microbial resistance, and endurance.
Cold Weather Health Hazards: Did You Know?
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQs